Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mo Money Mo Problems. No Money Mo Problems

There's something about struggle that brings the best out of people. Is it possibly because without working to attain something, it's limited in appreciation? I was talking with friends the other day, it was stated that the type of people that have lots of money saved are old people. Why? Is it because they make so much more money? Although that may play a part, I feel that it deals with the lifestyle and the ideology of money. It's not about making money to spend money. It's about making money and SAVING! It's about understanding what is necessary and what it takes to secure yourself. Maybe it deals in part with appreciation and hard work. You need to appreciate that which you have so you the desire to have more is lessened. You need to work hard so you can think twice about what you purchase and if it's worth those last tedious hours at the job. With this said, I hope to change my lifestyle and be more frugile, live in survival mode. I was going through this idea and pondering whether or not I really needed this Starbucks I was craving. Going back and forth, I decided to go for it. So, I pull away from possibly the worst Starbucks employee in the drive thru (like how fuckin hard is it to say 'have a nice day'"?) and am about to hop on the ugly 10 freeway when I take a sip of this much desired coffee, and it's fucking disgusting! Ugh! FOUR dollars. That was a big fat slap in the face... it's time to get cheap!

No comments: