Monday, January 26, 2009

I love being a mom...

I love being a mom. It's by far the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. It all feels right. I couldn't imagine sleeping in and doing thingsjust for me. How unfulfilling would that be for me... Not after I've seen the awesomeness of my child wanting me (never daddy) to get her cereal in the morning (though on some occasions I would just like to roll over and sleep...which I allow myself). I don't have the right answers and for the most part I should do things a lot more better. But I believe there are different types of mom's. I find that most of the time I am on the affectionate side of the spectrum. There are those who govern by schedules and not spoiling. With the exception of discline, I am all about the love. Telling her a bagillion times a day how much I love my daughter. I don't like when she cries and for the most part have a lot of patience. We're very playful wih eachother. I don't mind if she's clingy to me most of the time. It was a little difficult earlier when she was sprawled all over my lap when I was trying to fold laundry. I don't know what's best. We have a pretty okay schedule. She eats pretty good in all parts of the pyramid. She's smart, and when not in a sassy mood, very polite. We love eacother very much and enjoy being with eachother. Here she is, lying next to me asleep in my (our) bed half past ten. We'll work on getting her into bed earlier tomorrow. For tonight I just wanna cuddle.

No comments: