Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years

This is how I spent my New Year. There we were in Kaiser waiting for them to admit Bella. It had been a long day of complete bullshit but eventually had the promise of a rather ejoyable New Years celebration with family. I started off the day tip top. I was on time for work and was feeling calm and not rushed. (It's amazing the way leaving on time makes all the lights turn green...vice versa). But I waslked in to find my work was robbed. We were not gonna get paid for our full hours that day and that we would have to work extra extra hard to catch up with the asset and productivity damage this caused. I went home to find my daughter weezing and coughing. A call to med-advice sent me to the pediatrician who thought she had bronchitis who sent me to the pharmacy. After taking the meds, the weezing as worse. We took her to ER where we happened to look at the clock at 11:59 and wish eachother a Happy New Year. Aside from the heartbreak of her being sick and watching her go through pain, i complain none about being by her side while she gets better.

No comments: