Thursday, May 31, 2007

21!!!!!! whooohooo!!!!














































So yesterday I celebrated my 21st birthday. I can't believe I am 21. Not a drinker, but I did ring in this legal age with 2 Mai Tais, a ton of Kool Super Longs, and an ass kicking game of Spades. I slept around 5 a.m. and awoke at a disappointing 11:00. But waking me up was the slight pounding of the reality that "yeah... I rang in the big 2-1 like all the other cool kids. I was very happy to see a clean house... nothing does it for me like a clean house. I took a shower and Chris and I were off to Barnes and Nobles. A venti macchiato, chicken foccachia (<----sp?), and a chocolate chip scone sounded like a good breakfast (the cigarette came after the normal browse of magazines and craft books). I just can't see myself spending the 30 bucks on a book that I am not completely in love with. It seems that the cute stuff is sitting across the page of the super outdated stuff. Yeah, not gonna buy it. Sometimes that's how magazines are too. I did see one book.. It's a possibility. It is a french style sewing book with tons of cute retro indie looking work. But with so much going on this week I just didn't need another distraction from the tons of I had to do. After that we picked up our little one from my mom's so my sister could finish with my cake. The three of us headed back home. I went into my clean room, layed on my made bed and watched Sex and the City. From there we went back to my mom's. Thank God for DVR! We got to watch CSI. And House season finale... both are huge to me. We ate a great dinner. And Mia baked this incredible cake. I almost died when I tried the frosting... so yum!!!!WHITE CHOCOLATE! We finally rounded up everyone together and took a family picture... Kat we know you're in Vegas... that's your own fault....JK! We love and miss you. When we came home I sewed and finished up some stuff that needed to be done. Of course this was done to Sex and the City. Man, when I'm obsessed... I'm all in.









It's wierd because I know that I am having my party on Saturday and that it's a big milestone because I am now able to buy alcohol, but it is a bummer to welcome the day after your birthday. It's like although I wasn't freaking out on the day... the next day is a super bummer. Almost a year ago I tried this wine... it was so good. So today, I bought it. It was a great birthday. P.S. The yard looked fabulous when I walked out.

No comments: